Symbols and Significance
The interpreter (or psychic, as the case may be) should hold the cup in one hand, and hold the left or right hand of the subject. The interpreter will be looking for images in the coffee grounds. The process is similar to gazing at clouds and “seeing” symbols and images in your mind’s eye.
When I read a person’s cup for the first time, I usually see some sort of a tree. Sometimes it is an oak, sometimes a willow or palm. I interpret this to be the person’s tree of life. A heavy root structure (or lack of it) tells me that about the person’s relationship with the family. Sometimes I’ll see a tree that leans to one side or that is lopsided, indicating that the subject is concentrating too much energy in one area of his/her life.
Other symbols can be interpreted, with varying significance. I usually use my imagination and past experiences to interpret the symbols. Here is a (very) short list of my interpretation of some common symbols.
- Apple: Fertility and creativity.
- Arch: Money in business matters.
- Bread: Nurture your desires, hopes and dreams.
- Bridge: A major decision needs to be made – which way should you go?
- Camera: Someone is attracted to you.
- Coins: Money is on the way.
- Diamonds: A marriage proposal is expected? If the person is married, this may be a symbol of money and material wealth.
- Flowers: Flowers indicate happiness.
- Genie Lamp: Your wish will be granted.
- Harp: Traditional romance.
- Heart: A love affair, if the heart is broken or misshapen then the person is broken-hearted.
- Knots: Concern over something, take care that it does not negatively affect your health.
- Road: Creative opportunities are bringing you to another level.
- Ship: A business opportunity is presenting itself.
Coffee Tasseography - Fortune Telling with Coffee - I Need Coffee
https://ineedcoffee.com › Cafe Culture